The A8X adds to the AX-Series as a unique model because its power and radiation characteristics allow it to be used as both a nearfield and midfield monitor. It represents a particularly attractive entry-level model for midfield monitoring which offers transparent reproduction of higher frequencies, clear mids and an excellent transient response.
The extra large, front-positioned bass reflex ports are perfectly matched with the bass/midrange driver that has a 1.5″ voice coil. Thus the A8X can play very low registers with a powerful punch, and the greatest possible precision. The 150 Watt PWM amplifier for the midrange speakers in conjunction with the 50 Watt A/B tweeter amp enable the A8X to generate impressive maximum sound pressure levels of 120dB per pair at one meter.
- German Handmade Precision X-ART Tweeter.
- 8.5“ Woofer (Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber).
- Amp. Power RMS / Music: 200 W / 300 W.
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 50 kHz.
- Max. SPL per pair at 1 m: ≥120 dB.