RME ADI 648
The ADI-648 is a sixty-four channel format converter from MADI to ADAT and vice versa. MADI handles sixty-four channels of 24-bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48kHz and thirty-two channels up to 96kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, using either a coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. The ADAT channels are provided via eight TosLink optical inputs and outputs, respectively.
Amongst other applications, the unit can serve as an MADI front-end for RME's Hammerfall and Hammerfall DSP series. An easy-configurable eight-channel 16x16 Matrix Router can assign any of the outputs, which are divided into eight-channel blocks, to any eight-channel input block, both on the ADAT and the MADI side. In addition to the routing within the MADI/ADAT conversion, the unit also performs splitting and routing within the same format.
- Input MADI: 1 x BNC, 1 x optical.
- Output MADI: 1 x BNC, 1 x optical.
- Output ADAT optical: 8 x TOSlink, 24-Bit.
- MIDI input and output: via two 5-pin DIN jacks.
- Input ADAT optical: 8 x TOSlink, 24-Bit, Bitclock PLL.
- Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof.
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), switchable termination.