Sound Devices 970
Sound Devices model 970 is a robust, 64-track Dante and MADI-equipped multi-track audio recorder. The half rack, 2U device simplifies applications requiring high-track-count, high-quality audio recordings. The 970 records 64 channels of monophonic or polyphonic 24-bit, 48 kHz WAV files from any of its 144 available input connections. Connections include 64 channels of Ethernet-based Dante, 64 channels of optical or coaxial MADI, eight channels of line-level analog, and eight channels of AES digital. Any input can be assigned to any track. 32-track recording at 96 kHz is supported.
- Inputs: 8 Balanced, line-level inputs on DB-25. Ch1,2 also on XLR
- Analog Outputs: Eight Balanced, line-level outputs on DB-25. Ch1,2 also on XLR
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-20 kHz, +/- 0.5 dB re 1 kHz, -3db@ 65kHz (96k SR)
- THD + Noise: 0.004% max (1 kHz, 22 Hz-22 kHz)
- Input and Output Topology: Fully electronically balanced, line-level, RF, ESD, short, and overload protected; pin-2 hot, pin-3 cold
- Line Output Clipping Level: +18dBu